Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday, March 22nd Update


I went to bed last night with a scratchy throat and now I have no voice, wonderful! What's funny is I didn't know that I didn't have a voice until I tried to call my cousin Tina in Milwaukee to give her an update and I couldn't hardly speak. Sitting in the ICU room today I really didn't do much talking because dad was pretty much sleeping all day. Dad slept so much he really didn't greet his first visitors so well. Linda, my mother in love, came by today and when dad opened his eyes he thought it was Sandy, my wife. Linda was flattered and dad was embarrassed. Then when Beverly, my sister in law, came in he immediately said, "hey Bev how are you". That was pretty much it and he slept the rest of the time. He is really saying some off the wall stuff as if he's a little delirious or maybe it was just the morphine they gave him. You THINK?!

The nurse said she was actually able to decrease dads med today, the one that helps keep his blood pressure up. PRAISE GOD, that's a step in the right direction. The doctor said that the dialysis would wipe him out and he was right, it did. I asked how long dad would be on the dialysis machine and he said he'd probably be on it through the middle of this next week. He said they'd then take him off of it and see how his kidney (remember he was born with just one) holds up on it's own.


The nurse tried her best to get dad to eat something today. I think she was successful with apple juice and tea, or was that yesterday? The days are beginning to run together. Before I left they brought his dinner, MEATLOAF and MASHED POTATOES! Anyone that knows my dad, knows that this is his favorite meal. He actually took a bite and didn't care for it. I've already told him that he needs to try to start eating otherwise, yes THE TUBE! He said he didn't want that and I said well start eating. Real sympathetic I know, but a month is a long time without food. The boys gotta eat ("gotta", that's redneck for "got to")!


Prayer needs: Good reports tomorrow, an increase in appetite (for dad), kidney to strengthen, and me NOT to get sick.

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you dad. I love and miss you very much. Hopefully I will be able to talk to you soon. Hang in there you will get through this.

    ReplyDelete